Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Fun 2's

In honor of Aiden's birthday, I am renaming this stage the Fun 2's in hopes that he will get the message and not make them terrible!  ;)





 Today, my sweet Aiden, you turned 2!  For several days we practiced how to tell people how old you were and that it was your birthday, and today, with your cute little grin, and your two fingers in your mouth, you wore the age so fully and so proudly.  +

You turning 2 has so many milestones for this family, as it was just one short month before your birth that we moved here.  Your birthday is a beautiful day for us, as we welcomed you into our world, and became part of a new community in NH.  Double blessings in such a scary time for us.

But as for you, Aiden, you are sunshine to your daddy, brother and I. So much fun, an infectious laugh, hugs, kisses and tackles all rolled into one little boy.  You are like your big brother in so many ways: you love everyone, play hard and you are extremely smart. But, my baby, you are definitely your own little man.  You are very vocal about your likes, and dislikes, when you are happy, and definitely when you are not. You won't just go with the flow, but make yourself heard....always!  Fiercely independent, but you still ask for help, if only as a last resort. 

I am blessed to stay home with you right now and watch you grow. Each day we play, we laugh, snuggle and learn.  While I love having daddy and Bubba home with us to share those times, most days I am glad it is just us two; we have our time and it is precious.  While most days go well, you have found your way into your name:  Aiden - "fiery" - and many days you live that loud and proud.  I can see that you and I will go toe to toe over the years as your independence continues to grow, but I know that you will always be passionate and strong in your convictions, that you will work hard to figure out the puzzle and get the job done. 

I love you, Monkey-man, and I cherish every smile, every kiss, snuggle and hug.  You will always stay my baby no matter how old  you get. I pray that God will continue to grow your passion and your love and that those two gifts will serve Him greatly in years to come.  You have so much ahead of you, and I pray that you grow into your whole name: Aiden Zachary - Fiery man of God.

I love you!
Mommy

0 comments: