Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Birthday to you!

Thirteen years ago, we started our life with this gift:

Now, we have these blessings:

(yes, this is one of my favorite photos)

Thank you for being a fantastic father.  These boys know everyday how much you love them; they know you will always be there for them, for the fun days of wrestling and playing, and the not so fun days of heartache that are sure to come.  I watch them look at you, love you, learn from you.  God has given you a beautiful gift in our boys, and they know how much you treasure them, love them, and lay down your life for them.

Thank you for being an amazing husband.  Over the years, I have been able to watch God mold you into a man who can lead this family, who gives of himself daily to me and our children.  You are the first person I turn to when I need help with the hard decisions and the handy stuff, and I know that you will always guide me back to trust in God when it everything else seems like its too much.  You are patient when I am not, loving when I don't deserve it, caring through my pain. If I don't say it enough, I am thankful for you: grateful for God's work in you and His grace in your life.

I love you!

Happy Birthday!

From Christopher:

Thank you, Daddy, for loving me and being my dad. Thank you for always loving me and knowing what I need. You always take care of me and play with me. I love you.

0 comments: