Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dinner Survival

With Chris gone this week, I find that it is the everyday things that tend to get my boys into trouble.  It seems that when I do anything "simple" (go to the bathroom, make a meal, etc.) that is when the disagreements begin. Monkey Man is in his terrible two's stage and into everything, so the minute my back is turned and I am at the stove, he is at his finest. 

Wears. Me. Out.

Not wanting to order out, I had to come up with something.  I needed something they could "help" make so my eyes were on all things at once.  Tada: Pita Pizzas!!!  Who knew something so easy could make them so happy!

This is Aiden's first time "cooking."  He started out putting the cheese and pepperoni carefully on the pizza.

Then:
He was very pleased with himself for dumping all the pepperoni on at one time.  He found something funny about a mound of pepperonis and the shocked look on my face. Thankfully, he did not mind giving up some of those for his brother's pizza.

There are so many ways that I see myself in Christopher, both good and bad. Just like me, this child can be very particular in placing things properly and carefully, though not in all things does he do this. All of his pepperonis had to be in a perfect circles and touching.  Never mind, I'm not like that at all!  (ok maybe a little)

And the yummy goodness:


Fifteen minutes. Great dinner. No fits or meltdowns.  That's' my kind of dinner!

0 comments: