Thursday, May 19, 2011

10 Years - Come and Gone so Fast

 

Ten years ago my sister in law stood in front of family and friends and read that verse; 2 Corinthians 13.  At the time, the words were black and white, on a page. Now they are alive within me as we celebrate 10 years of marriage today. 

I would love to say that 10 years ago I married my best friend, that the last 10 years were wonderful, love filled years that made life seem so easy. But the truth is that 10 years ago, I was a selfish girl who thought marriage would be easy and that Chris would now be whatever I needed and wanted him to be.  He did just pledge his life to me, right?  

Love never fails.  

It is because of that truth that Chris and I stand today celebrating 10  years and looking forward to a lifetime more.  It's not our love that never fails, but Christ's love in us, something we have learned together in our journey this past decade.  So many times I have clung to that as I have grown in His love, and watched Chris grow as well.  It is because of that love that I can say I am now married to my best friend, that marriage is not easy, but, when you are focused on God's unfailing love and His ability to conquer all, so very worth it.

Chris

Thank you for the past 10 years. Thank you for loving me in spite of my selfishness, insecurities and self-doubt.  Thank you for showing me that love doesn't quit, that love fights through the hard times and makes the great times that much better.

Thank you for the many times you have made me laugh until I couldn't breathe, for holding me when I cry, or when I am in pain.  You are the first person I look for to help me through a decision, to pray with me when I am uncertain, to talk to when I am feeling so unsure. Thank you for loving crazy even when I dont make any sense!

Thank you for the sacrifices you make for this family and for me. I never question what is most important to you and I know that your eyes are set on God to lead this family.  Thank you for being a father to our children in a way that both amazes me and makes me want to be a better mom.

I love you and I look forward to 10 x 10 more years together.

Love never fails.

0 comments: