Saturday, November 27, 2010

Being Thankful: Days 1 & 2

Being thankful for day 1 was difficult, to put it mildly.  I have said many times that our family motto is "we don't do easy," but for just a little bit I sure would like to!

There are so many of God's truths that I hold onto daily, but for some reason, the truths that I mentioned Thursday have been the hardest for me to grasp hold of and not let slip out of hands. Yesterday was no different. But still, I am able to say I am thankful. Thankful for warnings and for a husband that can make me laugh so hard I cry.  Yep, both of those were huge blessings yesterday!

Today has been much easier up to this point.  I am thankful today for the fact that Christopher is such a wonderful helper around the house and especially with his little brother.  My day is made so much easier by my oldest son. We have told him time and again that God made sure he came first because Aiden would need him, and he has proven that to us many times over.



Thankful in all circumstances? Not yet. But I am a work in progress. God is opening my heart and my eyes to see the joy and blessings around me, another thing I am thankful for!

0 comments: