Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A 6 year old's prayer



Just over a month ago, we celebrated Christopher's 6th birthday.  Tonight we celebrate again, but for something so much bigger.

Over the past year, Chris and I have seen Christopher's curiosity about Jesus and Heaven grow each week.  He always asks questions and wants to know about God in ways that both of us did not experience until much later in life.  Then, yesterday morning, he and I began talking again about Jesus as savior and what that really means.  We have had many conversations about what it means to be a Christian and how Jesus is the only way to God, but this time it was different.  Just before we left for school, Christopher looked at me and in such a way that I knew it was time, told me that he wanted to commit his life to Christ and to live for him.

My heart has been so uplifted the last 36 hours.  He talked with Chris more about it this afternoon and told him that God had put it in his heart to follow Him and he was ready. 

So, tonight we celebrate. We celebrate Christopher's taking that step and confessing that Jesus is his Lord and Savior. We celebrate that tonight he has died to sin, and gained life everlasting in Christ.  We celebrate the way this little boy will be used to change lives and hearts in the years to come. 

Together we prayed and rejoiced over God's kingdom growing before our eyes. We know that this will not be easy for Christopher, but we know that God has called him and that he heard that call.

But these are recorded so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.  John 20:31


Celebrate and rejoice with us!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Jenn, What an amazing little boy you have! I love that you've shared such a special moment with all of us and will pray for Christopher and your family during this time of celebration and always! Love you. Now I'll wipe the tears from my eyes. :)

Rachel said...

Hi Sweet Friends,

I have to tell you I was having a stressful morning. Lots of packing, lots of last minute details before we leave with the next team. I decided to check my email for a minute before we leave and I read about Christopher commiting his life to Jesus. Wow, let me tell you that will make you start singing praises! Thanks for sharing. Give Christopher a big hug for me.

Rachel