Sunday, August 9, 2009

We are so blessed!





Today we were reminded of how blessed we have been while in College Station.

It took 9 1/2 amazing people a grand total of an hour and a half to completely load my house onto a Uhaul! Now, I must say 1 1/2 of these people live with me so there was no way they were getting out of this; and 3 more are very closely related, so they were roped in as well. But there were 4 blessings that, as of about a month ago, I did not even know their names!

Thank you for spending your Sunday afternoon with us and really reminding us that the God is in control. As our family sat down tonight to talk about our day, I remembered that when we moved here 3 years ago, we knew only 2 people. In such a short span of time, we have been infinitely blessed with so many people who we call friends, and in many cases extended family.

Now, as we leave, I am comforted by the fact that He will not just abandon us in the Northeast, but will take care of us there in ways that we have not even imagined we would need to be provided for. As we learned tonight, He is faithful by character!

He is teaching me so much about trusting Him in all of this, and I know I have so much more to learn.

Here we go. Down to less than 48 hours before we leave TX. We have no idea what will happen next, but we know that God has called us north. From here on out, I am going to have to let go.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

1 comments:

The Mosiers said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. I definitely needed to be reminded of His faithfulness. He's not going to abandon you in NH or us in Fort Worth. There are big things ahead for both of us.